“Why Should I Service My Gas Fireplace?”
Modern gas fireplaces are very convenient and extremely reliable. So much so that it’s easy to forget that a gas fireplace needs to be serviced and inspected every year. In fact most, if not all, manufacturers require it. We so often get the question: Why do we need to get them serviced?
Our number one answer is SAFETY!
A fireplace, if not given the proper attention, could be the one thing that destroys your home or could severely injure you or your family!
What is a Gas Fireplace Service/Cleaning & Why is it So Important?
Don’t be fooled, not all gas service calls are the same. We understand that having to pay to get your fireplace serviced isn’t exactly fun and sometimes it’s an unexpected expense, so we make sure you get the most value for your hard earned money. We understand that other companies service gas fireplaces as well, but we go to great lengths to ensure that our technicians are the best in the business, and our service can’t be beat.
All of our technicians arrive on time with shoes/ boot covers and lay tarps in our immediate work area. All of our technicians are equipped with all the proper tools and an inventory of service parts to help ensure we don’t take up unnecessary time by needing to return multiple times.
When we service your gas fireplace, we:
- Remove and clean any louvers or decorative fronts. All of which will be reassembled when service is complete.
- We remove and clean the glass (Direct Vent Fireplaces) , then treat the glass with CFC Glass Ceramic Cleaner. This helps to remove the cloudy or white mineral residue that builds up on the inside of your glass. We inspect the glass for cracks and inspect to ensure the gasket is properly installed and functioning.
- We inspect and test the glass break switch (if applicable).
- Test and inspect high limit or spill switch (if applicable).
- Clean and remove the factory installed logs. These logs are designed to sit in a pre-designated pattern as not to impede the burners flame. We ensure that when the logs are reinstalled they are installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions. We will provide a written estimate for replacement of all logs that are cracked and/or broken.
- Remove the ember material from the burner pan and remove the burner. We clean and inspect the burner to ensure that all the burner holes are free from rust and debris. Check the shutter setting for proper air mixture.
- Remove, clean and inspect the burner orifice.
- Clean convection blower (if applicable).
- Check all wiring and connections .
- Clean and inspect pilot assembly. Ensure pilot has proper flame. We will recommend replacing any damaged or worn pilot assembly parts if necessary.
- Vacuum heat exchangers, firebox, air chambers,
- Test manifold pressure and adjust if necessary.
- Adjust pilot flame (if necessary).
- Test wall switch or remote control.
- Ensure proper venting is clear of debris.
- Reapply all necessary rock wool or ember material. This give the fireplace an “ember effect” to mimic embers inside a fire and helps insure the burner lights properly.
- Test ignition system.
- Test for gas leaks.
- Test fire and run fireplace.
- Log model and serial number for future service.
Let’s Get Started
If you want to know more about our Gas Fireplace Service or are ready to get the service done, fill out the form below.