Did you know that most pellet stove repairs could have been prevented with regular maintenance?
Although many stove owners believe their own cleaning techniques are sufficient, and some perhaps are, the fact remains that some things should be left to trained professionals.
Our Pellet Stove Service
Our premium pellet stove service includes a complete inspection of your appliance, an initial cleaning of the entire system by our factory trained technicians and a diagnosis for repair (if needed). Not only do we service the unit, but we inspect and clean the entire venting system as well.
In order to ensure that your unit serves you well, it is important to use premium wood pellets and read your owner’s manual which details routine maintenance for your unit. If you aren’t sure which pellets to purchase give our office a call and we can provide you with some local trusted retailers.
Prior to your service call please make sure the stove is cool, and the pathway to the stove and the surrounding work area is clear and accessible.
If your stove needs to be repaired please provide our office staff with the make, model #, serial # and manufacturing date of your pellet stove. This will ensure that we can bring the proper parts needed.
Premium Pellet Service Checklist:
- Disassemble unit as needed. Pellet inserts must be pulled out.
- Check Unit for Visible Defects, Ash, Discoloring, and Rust
- Vacuum inside of firebox and inspect firebox for warping, cracked panels or damage.
- Clean and inspect Heat Exchangers and rake.
- Clean and remove “clinkers” from burn pot. Sand and file if necessary.
- Clean and inspect igniter. Check igniter continuity and inspect for fraying and loose connections.
- Remove and clean Ash Pan
- Clean and inspect glass. Treat glass with A.W. Perkins HearthGlass Creme
- Remove, clean and inspect Combustion Fan and wiring.
- Clean and inspect Convection Fan and wiring.
- Remove Vacuum Pressure Switch Hose. Clean and reinstall.
- Clean and inspect venting system.
- Clean and inspect all Gaskets.
- Clean and inspect board/fuses/circuits
Let’s Get Started!
To ensure your pellet stove is installed and burning properly, set an appointment with our amazing office staff by filling the form out below or calling 410-782-3147. We’ll send one of our factory trained pellet technicians right away! Our pricing is based on the type of stove installation you have. When calling for an appointment please identify whether you have a freestanding stove or insert, the type of venting and how it’s terminated. Not sure? You can always send us a picture!